Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Folie, Folie, Folie

I am getting quite annoyed with this chant now – I don’t mind the children calling it when I cycle through town to get my attention, they stop when I wave. It’s their way of saying hello look at me. But when teenagers and even adults chant I think it’s a little rude. I particularly have a problem when the nursery school at TUTCO chant. They went mad the other week and about 40 2-4 year olds chanted over and over and over. I was well out of site before they stopped. The next day when I cycled past they started up again, so this time I stopped and told them to stop chanting folie as I am not a stranger, I live here and my name is Lucy. This confused them for a bit and then one little girl said ok. Now when I pass by I get lots of Madam Lucy hello, Madam Lucy bye bye. This seems to be catching as now when I cycle through town I get a few madam Lucy greetings thrown into the folie chants. The other vols have also told me they have been greeted with Madam Lucy hello as they pass by…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home