Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Donkeys, goats, cows and chickens…

These are the animals I share my neighbourhood with. I still crack up every time the herd of cows skim past my windows and it is funny that I go to sleep listening to donkeys eye-oreing instead of cars and sirens passing. When I arrived I had a night watchman – a chicken who sat on my veranda gate. She has now been joined by six of her friends, I wouldn’t mind but they do leave an awful mess and there is the dreaded bird flu loaming… They are so funny to watch. The other night I was sitting out on my veranda well into the evening, along came three of the chickens, I am not sure if they saw me but the fly up to their usual perch. I shooed them away, and they wandered off. They must have had a tactic discussion as a couple of minutes later they clucked back. This time they crept past me – I am sure checking to see if I was watching and then pretended they had found some tasty things to eat on the ground before making a new ascent on the side of my veranda. I shooed them away again. They didn’t give up for a long while. I felt as if I was watching Chicken Run. It kept me entertained for ages, that says a lot doesn’t it, to spend my evenings laughing at SAS trained chickens, oh how my life has changed…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home