Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finally a Blog update…

Well it has been a long time since I last properly updated my blog. I have just been so absorbed in life in Tumu that I just have had the opportunity to put fingers to keys. I’ll start with a quick summary of what I have been up to then will go into more detail on the interesting bits.

  • Mum and Dad visited for September
  • New Volunteers arrived end of September
  • College opened (or not) for 06-07 year
  • New Computers finally set up
  • National teacher strike for September through to most of November
  • Began training Tutors
  • Wa Festival
  • Farmers Day and World Aids Day.
  • End of term

That would bring me up to date.

I can also tell you that as of today 21st December the hippopotAAAmus is still alive and well and living happily in Tumu Dam. I have been told recently that he is a she! The water level is decreasing though so I am not sure how much longer she will stay. People are still fascinated by her, but fearful now. She goes into town very early sometimes and one day when I was on my way to the tro station at 4:45am she was busy eating a tree on the side of the road. Quite a crowd had gathered to watch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Hi Lucy!!!

Am one of your predecessors with VSO in Tumu. I was an English tutor at TUTCO. How is everything with you there at the moment? I was worried to hear reports about massive flooding on BBC News today, but I think this mainly affects the Upper East?

7:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home